Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving from Jessie and the Boys!

Hey there!! Just finishing up my second round of Chemo and it stinks! I keep telling myself that every ugly day of chemo makes me one day closer to being able to say those great words "cancer free!" Chemo is probably the most challenging part of this "journey" I'm on. This Thanksgiving, I'm sure my appetite won't be quite the same as in years past, but as I've laid around feeling sorry for myself all week, I've realized all the many things I have to be thankful for this year and I wanted to share with you. For one I've realized every day that I spend with "my boys"(mike and luke)is truly a gift. Hearing them giggle and laugh brings me such awesome joy. I also find so many "thanks" when I look around the room and see the huge stack of cards, the beautiful flowers, a refrigerator full of food, and just being in my home. We are so thankful for our family and friends in which we've really had to rely on these days. Having to be so dependent on everyone else is definitely a struggle for me. I've often taken for granted the amazing success of my surgeries. I'm especially thankful for God's loving arms holding me tight along the way.I wish everyone an awesome Thanksgiving this year. All of you that read this, and post comments or send cards or keep me in your prayers, you are blessings in our life!! You are also a big reason that I have reason to give "Thanks" this year!!HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

LOVE, Jessie and the boys!

5 comments:

sjheckel said...

Happy Thanksgiving!~
I love our positive outlook. You are truly an inspiration. Best wishes to you and your family. Keep in touch.
The Heckel Family
Ryan, Stacey, and Emaleigh

Carolyn and Jeff said...

HI JESSIE,MIKE, LUKE AND AUDREY. WE HAVE SENT CARDS(wrong address) AND TRIED TO SENT COMMENTS(NO SUCCESS)---MAYBE THIS TIME WILL GO. WE HAVE HAD YOU IN OUR PRAYERS AND HAD YOU ON THE PRAYER LIST AT CHURCH SINCE AUGUST. SO PROUD OF YOUR SWEET ATTITUDE!! SO KEEP THE FAITH! GOD IS SO GOOD! LOVE, CAROLYN AND JEFF

joan meyer said...

Hi Jessie, Mike, Luke and Audry,

We do have so much to be thankfull for. Every day we have with family and friends is truely a blessing. We will continue to send our love and prayers for a full recovery. God bless and be with you all.

Joan, Mike, Adam, Brandi and Brittni

Robert McCabe said...

This message is very overdue, but I wanted you to know that a day doesn't go by without me thinking and praying for you. I constantly get updates from Janel and am usually encouraged at how strong you are. I will continue to pray for strength each day and that one day soon you will be making others beautiful again in your chair at work:). Missy

Unknown said...

hey jessie! i'm so glad i got to see you at the theater a few weeks ago! it made my whole week! you looked great and your attitude was great like usual! i hope luke like that movie, i did. i hope your last chemo went as well as possible. you keep healing & getting well! say hi to mike and luke!
cabe