Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fair Time!

Well I'd say I'm over the pneumonia. I go to get a follow up x-ray tomorrow then go back to see Dr. Row next Thursday. I feel fine as far as the pneumonia goes now I'm just trying to swallow chemo (literally). Since my chemo is in a pill form I take 6 pills for my dose of chemo after I take an anti nausea pill and all my other regular meds. I get this sick feeling deep in my stomach when I raise those pills up to my mouth. There's just this rush of a feeling knowing how they will make me feel and how "toxic" they are. Luckily they are pretty well tolerated. I know it could be worse.

Usually my most draining days of treatment are Friday through Monday. This weekend I will be too busy to be tired! We have a lot planned for the weekend and next week. Tomorrow is the start of the Fulton County Fair which has been a big part of our family for many years starting with my Grandparents. Grandma of course got it all started with the horses! The last few years none of us have had horses (or cow's) there so it's just a lot of sitting around visiting with family and friends. Oh, and of course a whole lot of fair food! Saturday our morning will start out with Leslie's memorial service of which I'm really looking forward to. I must admit that at first when I found out it was going to be a while before her services I was a bit bummed. I was so anxious to see Tyson and etc. Now I'm very glad there has been this time to "take it in" and be "ready" for this. Maybe I won't be sooo emotional. I don't know about that, there's a lot of Grieser blood in us (yes, we cry at everything)! Then Saturday evening Mike and Luke are going to be having some "boy" time going to the Tough Trucks at the fair. Sunday Luke has a busy day with a Birthday party marathon. He has three Birthday parties to go to and none of us want to miss any of them. So Sunday will be busy but filled with fun and CAKE! Most likely we will then spend the remainder of next week at the fair. Mike isn't quite the fair goer that Luke and I are but it's growing on him (very slowly). We will definitely be going to the demolition derby too. Our cousin Aaron will be in it so that will be a good time too. Aaron is like another uncle to Luke, he is married to my cousin Lindsay (Cowell).

So busy days ahead! It will be fun and will go by way too fast!

I'm not real good about keeping the blog updated and realized that I forgot to mention something very important. August 11th Mike and I celebrated our 7th anniversary!

Also, August 24th marked one year since my diagnosis. That really wasn't anything to celebrate but I looked at it like, one year down and many to go.

Well take care and maybe we'll see you at the fair!

Jess

4 comments:

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend and Thursday! love ya!

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

You are so blessed! Just look at all this wonderful life you are living! I am so thankful you are able to enjoy it all.

Blessings,

Harmony

Todd said...

Jesse, we continue to lift you up in prayer. We hope that you have a great time this week at the fair and we hope you aren't too tired to enjoy it. Also, unfortunately we had to be at the Cleveland Clinic this past week, but we did get to see Dr. T. What a GREAT lady!!!

God Bless,

Todd

AYates said...

Oh Jessie I hope you had or will have a fair doughnut for me!!! :) We went to the Kansas State fair this week and it just wasn't the same without the doughnuts!!!
Anyways, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and we are continuously praying for you! God bless!

Allison Yates