Thursday, January 12, 2012

Emotional overload

We traveled to Cleveland yesterday for my routine MRI and oncology appointment. My oncologist allowed me to go 5 months for the first time so it has been a nice 5 month break! Much needed! All was well with my MRI........very very thankful for that! That really makes all the other things that I get bent out of shape about seem much less important. My MRI didn't start out to well. Which like I said isn't that big of a deal now but at the time I was in "emotional overload" so it seemed big. I've had to give in and get the I.V. that I've fought for as long as I could. In the past they would do about half of my MRI then pull me out, inject the dye then proceed with the rest of the MRI. Now I'm having a different kind of MRI. It's called profusion. I've had this the last few times now and I have to have the I.V. for this type of MRI.

So to back up a little, these appointments bring much anxiety. Nothing like getting in the car knowing that your life could be turned upside down in a few hours. I really did feel good about this appointment but that anxiety seems to be unavoidable. Which when I'm anxious or stressed I get quiet and edgy, Mike turns everything into a joke when he's stressed. Needless to say I don't find him funny at the time. Not a good combo at times! :) Can make for a quiet ride to Cleveland.

I didn't get the best two people for my I.V. this time. The male nurse was a jerk and the lady nurse seemed as though it was her first I.V. I understand that everyone has to start sometime but PLEASE not on me! Needless to say they had trouble starting my I.V. which is surprising because they always tell me what good veins I have and how easy I am to get. So that's when the tears started. Totally out of my control. I didn't want to be crying but seemed to not be able to stop. I hate going to these appointments and I hate I.V.'s .

I titled this "Emotional overload" because I don't think the tears were all about an I.V. I think they were about a lot of things. I also broke into tears a few weeks ago when the dentist told me I needed a root canal and crown. Which is not something I would typically cry about. I think they were caused a lot by the anxiety that comes with this appointment and knowing of so many people around me who have really needed the prayers lately. Feel like I'm keeping God pretty busy with my prayer requests.

When I was younger I lost my best friend. At that age I was devistated for myself....and pretty much myself only (I was in 10). It was about me then (so I thought). When my grandparents passed away......I was hurting for me......pretty much just me again. Over the past few years I've realized what it's like to have your heart break for someone else. To see someone else in so much pain and feel so helpless. I have truly felt like it's breaking my heart but for them. It's so hard to see someone going through something so terrible and feel so helpless. There are a few families close to my heart that have needed my prayers lately and I think that is all a part of the emotional overload. I just want to fix it all for them. I want to do more than pray for them......I want to make it all go away for them.

As much as it's been an emotional week, I've seen a few prayers answered already this week and I'm hoping to see a few more.

Almost forgot to tell you more about my answered prayer.......I will not be returning at this point for another 5 months!!!! AND she said if I do well at my next appointment then she will consider letting me go 6 months!!!!! WE ARE THRILLED!

All my love,
Jess

4 comments:

Janel said...

Love you so much Jessie. The way you feel about others is how I feel about you. I wish I could take it all away and rid you of any pain or anxiety! I feel so much along with you... Surely I lighten your load just slightly?!! I feel like I'm holding my breath every time you travel to Cleveland! I had someone tell me yesterday "Tears make you honest". You may feel so vulnerable and transparent... But Gods is able to shine His light thru you. God is so good!

Jill said...

Love you Jessie and so happy for your news!
I will always pray hard for your happiness and health!

St. John's Christian Church said...

Yeah for another 5 month break between MRI's! If anyone deserves it, it is you my friend. You continue to remind me that each day is a blessing and not to be taken for granted or misused! Love to you, Mike and Luke!!

Jeramey, Stacie Jaylee & Alexis said...

Great news!!