Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So round # 6 will has begun tonight!

This morning I found out that my platelets had dropped last week to the lowest yet (at least that we are aware of). My Doc.'s at Cleveland told us that the normal range for your blood platelet count is between 150,000 and 400,000 and you cannot take chemo if your platelets drop below 100,000. My platelets have been dropping down to 93,000. Last week (on Thursday) they were down to 88,000. Today I went in to have blood drawn again and they were up to 150,000!! Yeah!! My Doc. told me when they drop as low as they've been dropping I'm at risk for internal bleeding in my head or stomach. :) YUK. I believe they said it's not until your platelets drop to the 50,000 range that I would be at risk for a bone marrow transplant. So we're praying that this does not EVER become the case for me. As I've often said, isn't having cancer enough, why all this other stuff???

On a good note, I'm very glad to be starting my chemo tonight. It really makes my work schedule difficult when it gets pushed back. I'm very anxious to get these chemo treatments in and over with. So I just want to keep them going and be done!

I still feel very well!! As good as I feel I believe there has to be some awesome healing happening in my body!!

All and all, I feel good and don't have much to complain about! :) The platelet thing scares us a bit but we've had a lot of answered prayers so far so we'll just keep praying that my platelets keep coming back up!

Tonight I'm asking those of you who know Leslie A. to say I prayer for her and her family too. Praying for her surgery today to be a success and for her body to heal quickly and for her to soon feel well again!

Thanks for your prayers and concern, Jess, Mike and Luke

7 comments:

Blessings to you........ said...

Hey Jessie...
I am talking to God alot about you and Leslie. Praying for peace, strength, and comfort for another day. Round 6 is almost over!!
virginia

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

Hey Girl!

I hope you're feeling better since we've last talked. I thought of you so much today when I saw the bright, shining sun. Isn't it great to know there are so many more sunny days to come? Shawn and I are pumped for Chicago. Jack is too, he asked me tonight if we can go on "Jessie's walk" tomorrow. I think we're going to have a long month of telling him it's not April yet! :) We're praying for you each and every day.

Much Love to You,

Shawn, Harmony & Jackson

Unknown said...

Jessie.....I keep praying for you that you can keep kicking this cancer thing!! It's good to see your platlets are on the rise and I know they will keep going up, same as your attitude! i'm pretty stoked about the walk in chicago, i'll be there to round up mike if he stops off at any of the pubs on the route!! i'd like to bring you guys dinner some night. don't expect a home cooked meal from the bachelor. But heck, i'll buy you whatever your hungry for. didn't know if all you get to eat when mike cooks is squirel? just let me know when it will help you!

Kristen said...

So awesome that your platelets were up! I'll be praying that continues. You're am amazing person. Your attitude through all of this is so inspiring.

linds_moore said...

Hi Jess-

Hope you are doing well. I can't wait to see you again! When I see you we are going to cut my hair just like Posh Spice! Guess what?...Honky Tonk had 8 puppies today...it was very exciting. Can't wait to talk to you.
Lindsay

Lisa B. said...

Hey Jess,

Just wanted to let u know I have been thinking of u,Mike and Luke quite often. I miss u alot and I am praying for u as always. If there is anything I can do for u please let me know. Love ya, Lisa B.

krufenacht said...

Hey Jessie!
I just wanted you to know that we think and pray for you often! I pray that the Lord grants you strength for today!
Love, Kylie