Monday, April 7, 2008

GO MEMPHIS TIGERS!

Everything's been pretty well here. We just wanted to send out a little Good Luck to our Memphis, TN. family! How about those TIGERS!!!! Mike and I visited our family in Memphis a few years ago and when we went upstairs to pack our bags to come home we were suprised by our very own Memphis Tigers T-shirts. So we will definitely be wearing those this week supporting you here in OHIO.

GOOD LUCK!

Round #7 of treatment is supposed to start tomorrow (Monday). I will have my blood drawn tomorrow am. and should know by mid afternoon if I'm good to start! So prayers tonight for good results in the am.! I am counting on feeling great and hoping to simply enjoy the week off of work.

Our Chicago trip is rapidly approaching! Luke, Mike and I are all looking forward to a weekend away! Luke is especially looking forward to going back to the Rainforest Cafe. He was very impressed by that! This time it will be even more fun since his Grandmas are going to be there to share in the fun with him.

I'm feeling positive about my next apt. in Cleveland on April 29 & 30. I don't seem to have near the anxiety this time as I did for my previous apt. At least not yet! When I worry, I try to turn it to prayer and I usually feel peace. I'd be lying if I said the tears don't still fly at any random time. I guess that's just all part of it.

Mike has some vacation time he has to use up before April 18 so we are looking forward to spending some extra time with him! I'm sure he'll be busy around the house and in the yard but it will be nice just to know he's here! Time as a family has never been so precious to us all! One thing we've learned through this is that we're going to spend our time doing what we want. We know there are some things you just have to do (out of common courtesy,etc.) but we know now that we aren't going to waste our time with things that aren't important. Our family has been so blessed with just simple love, laughter, and happiness and I want to spend all the time I can with my boys!

Unless I write again, you can assume I will start treatment tomorrow night at bedtime! That is our hope.

GO MEMPHIS!

Love, Jess

10 comments:

Joy said...

Yay!! Go Tigers! I am the only 1 left in Memphis my whole family including my sisters kids are in San Antonio for the game. I have to watch it on TV the rest of the Tiger fans. I keep up w/ your blog and I am glad you are doing better- you have had lots of people in Memphis praying for you. I go to Bellevue Baptist and my sunday school class has been praying for you since the begining. Have a Good Day & GO TIGERS!!!
Joy Lucus (Adam & Rachel's Mom)
PS My kids still remember your trip to Memphis, too!

Blessings to you........ said...

Jessie;

I knew round 7 was coming quickly, just wanted you to know I continue to pray and spread the word asking for continued prayer and praise.

ginny

Jill & Jessica Grant said...

Hi Jessie, It's been forever since I've left you a comment on your blog site. And I certainly didn't want you to think that we had forgotten about you. You are always in our thoughts and prayers and Jessica still asks about you and if you are better yet. :) I always make sure to keep her informed of your progress and she still says that you are a princess. That's the way I think she will always see you with your pretty long hair! I'm still so in awe of your possitive attitude and spirit. And the way you can share your story is so uplifting. You keep that up and not only are you going to kick this thing but you are going to be so happy in life. I just know that! A possitive attitude is the start to what ever you wish for. :)

Sounds like you have a fun trip planned in Chicago and I'm very envious. That is one of my favoirite places to go, and Jessica's too. We are hoping to get a weekend this summer to go if we can manage it. Seems like our weekends get so full with "to do's" that we don't really get to do the fun things we enjoy. But after reading your blog today, I've decided to take your advise and really start living life to the fullest. Some times you've just got to have some fun with your family. Thanks for the tip! :) And as always, being so inspirational! Have a great trip!!!

Love, Jill and Jessica

Pam Graffice said...

The town of Tedrow is pulling for you. We have the Tedrow United Methodist church sending you our prayers. We had Mike at our house alot of his high school years and we want you to know that we are praying everyday for you guys. your strength and spirit are amazing!

kimgoebel said...

Jessie,
I wanted to let you know you'll be in my daily prayers. It's been many years since I've seen you or Mike. We used to have a lot of fun going to Tony's bombfires! I hope your treatment goes ok and you are able to stay strong.

Kim Goebel

Chef On Demand said...

Hi Jessie,
It has been forever since I have seen you! It seems like a life time ago that we were in highschool. :O) I just found your blog through Autumn Cordy - I had no idea that you were going through all of this. We live in Arizona now so that could be why.. :O) Just know that we are praying for you and your family. I've read through all of your blogs are you are so strong! We will trust in God that he will bring you through this! By the way your little boy is so cute!! We will keep you all in our prayers!
Tammi (Reynolds) James

Kristen said...

I look forward to your trip to Chicago for you and your family. It's so great the weather is starting to warm up too. That can only add to the enjoyment while you're there.

I can imagine how scarey it must be for your treatments. Random tears sure are understandable. I think you're handling it well. It's amazing how part of human nature survival gets us through some tough times. I'm still thinking about you and praying Jessie!!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert McCabe said...

Still thinking of you very often. I am praying for you.
Missy

jenae said...

Jessie! Hey lady.. I am so excited to read your updates. I hope you had a wonderful trip to Chicago and I would have loved to run that 5K with you! I ran in one last weekend down in Lima and thought of you!

It was so great running into you at Los Mariachi's not too long ago. I think of you often and want you to know I'm doing everything possible to get back home... checking out a house monday morning - i'm so excited! Now if we can just get Scott a job on Fulton Co Sheriff Office, we'll be all set!! :)

love you girl!!

jenae