Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

We did a lot of reflecting through Christmas and the New Year. We had much to be thankful for in 2008 even though it was challenging at times. We know 2008 was full of blessings and we are looking forward to a calm 2009 filled with just as many or more good things and memories.

Christmas was great this year. Mike said it was his best ever (at least in his adult life). I think we just appreciated everything/everyone/each other more than ever. Luke makes it especially fun. It's magical to him. He loves Christmas and he so often would smile and it was like there was a sparkle in his eyes! He was just gleaming with excitement for Christmas. We had a total of seven Christmas's to celebrate this year. CRAZY, but it was fun. I love family get togethers.

Today Luke and I are meeting some friends at Chucke Cheese. He is so excited! I told him we would go since he's on Christmas vacation from school. He loves to say that he's on Christmas vacation! It will be fun to catch up with friends even in a germ infested, greasy, sticky Chucke Cheese. Ha! I haven't broke the news to him that we're going to stop at a few other stores on our way.

Overall everything has been well.

Mike and I will return to Cleveland on January 14th for my routine MRI. I'm fighting with some anxiety about this one. This will be my first one since I'm done with treatment. We will update as soon as we know something.

So here's to a great 2009!

Love,
Jess

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy New Year!!

7 Christmas celebrations!! Wow, that's a lot!! Sure makes the busy-ness of our 4 look like nothing :o). How fun though!!

I don't know Luke but I can imagine a kid of yours has got to be the sweetest!! I can picture him smiling over the excitement of Christmas just like you wrote about.

Kudos to you and your whole family for making it through a tough year. Here's to 2009!

Blessings to you........ said...

Happy New Year my friend!

Blessings to you........ said...

Happy New Year my friend!

Jill said...

Praying that 2009 will be filled will your testimony of healing! Always praying.

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Cheers to a calm 2009 for sure (except this little Baby might make some noise) We love you guys lots! Thanks for being you.