Saturday, April 4, 2009

No news is Good news!

Hello all!!!!

I just typed up a real nice long post and lost it! Oh- how I love computers! So now you're probably going to get the short version!

We are all doing GREAT! Luke is fantastic. He is still loving preschool but is on spring break right now and loving that too. Since we didn't go on a vacation for spring break we told Luke that for his spring break he could sleep in our bed every night of his spring break! Hey, I know it's generic but it's free and he thinks it awesome! : ) We did manage to go spend the day in Toledo and make a 3hr. trip to Chucke Cheese. He loves it and Mike and I pretend the pizza's not that bad. Luke is sooo funny. He has us cracking up and laughing all day everyday. He has such a fun personality! He's sooo fun! He told me the other day that two of his friends (little girls) that he goes to school with and they go to the same babysitter sometimes call him their boyfriend. He was smitten about it. Then he told me that they even argue about who's boyfriend he is sometimes! Not long before that someone asked him if he had a girlfriend at school and he replied "yeah," and started naming all the girls in his class not understanding what a "girlfriend" was. Apparently he gets it now. Oh my.

The older he gets the more I want to shelter him. I want to shelter him in a healthy way. I want to protect his innocence. With my cancer diagnosis that was one of my worries was that I wouldn't be here to protect him. Well I'm here!!!!!! He is a BIG reason that I'm saying NO to this cancer business and fighting it with all I can.

Mike is good too. He's busy as usual. He's always working on some sort of project. Now that he's done with the basement it's on to the yard. Our yard looks like no one lives here! It's hideous. When they redid our basement last year it got all tore up and now it's just dirt with no landscape or front porch. I can't wait till they come and put the front porch on! So Mike has been working on getting the yard prepared. He's also coming into his busy season at work which he is much looking forward to. Not long ago he woke up in the morning and said he didn't sleep good that night and then he said he thought it was because he was so excited that it was supposed to be nice that day and he was going to be able to work on the baseball fields that day! I'm glad he likes his work!

As for me, I feel the best I've felt since my diagnosis. I had got used to my new "normal" but now I'm feeling so much better! I'm surprised at how good I feel. I had just got so used to not having much energy and being so tired all the time. It was just the way it was. I still get tired but nothing like I used to! I'm so excited. It feels so good to "feel good!" I know someone else who is battling cancer who's older and wiser than myself and she is such a great example for me. She and I spoke a few weeks back at church and she gave me such a boost. Her attitude and Faith have definitely had an impact on my worries or actually lack there of towards my next visit to Cleveland on April 15th. It's going to be a good visit. I know it. I think Mike feels the same way but I just can't quite tell if he's says that for my sake or if he really feels good about it all. I just with my Mom could have the same trust that it's going to be good for her sake and mine. I suppose she just can't help but do the "mom thing, worry." On another note, I've been working very hard at trying to shed these very unwanted chemo lbs. that don't really seem to want to go anywhere!!! If you all really want to do something to help me like you all claim, could you just eat more and gain weight too?!!! :) That would be fantastic!!! HA. That would be much easier than eating salad and getting up to exercise at 5:45 in the morning!!! Come on, Please!!!

Well that's all for now. I'm doing very good and I'm so thankful for the tremendous support from everyone over that last 19 months or so. We are amazed and so grateful! We are trying to do our best at "paying it forward." This has been a journey that has forever changed our lives. Many of the changes have been good and have improved our lives. I pray that my journey will somehow have an impact on someone else's life or possibly someone else's journey with cancer.

In every situation we have a choice. I have chose to be happy. I have chose to be as positive as I can. I have definitely struggled and been down but I try to get back up and often it's been because of every one's support that I can stand back up and keep going. I will beat this. I'm winning right now!

Good night. I WILL update after our April 15th apt. It's always an exhausting day so often Ginny or Janel will give you the quick update letting you know the good news. :)

Love,
Jess

3 comments:

Janel said...

Jessie- When I started this blog for you, it was because I was restless trying to find someway to help. Really, it has been you that has helped me. I am eternally grateful to call you my dear friend. I am also so proud of you with how you have gracefully endured this battle in your life. Keep inspiring us and continue to be such a great testimony of our Savior!

And you are beautiful inside and out! I love you...

Janel

Tyson Aschliman said...

Love you guys. Think of you often. See you May 1!??

Tyson

Eric, Gwen, Emily & Adam said...

Jessie: I continue to pray for you every day especially now as you wait for your appointment next week. We know that the WAIT is tough but it is awesome to know that you feel so good. Keep up that positive attitude and enjoy the blessing and joy of every day. We know that God is faithful ALL the time. See you soon... Gwen