Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Stable. Word.

Stable. A word we've come to love.  We went back to Cleveland yesterday and they told us that the tumor was stable. This was what they expected and hoped for yesterday.  Not to sound greedy, but we always want more.  Not that we're disappointed but we know that God can remove this all together. Am I frustrated, yes and no.  Is it wrong to want more, I don't think so. I wan't complete healing. No more freakin tumor at ALL.

Truly, it was a good day though. We had a great time together, just some quality "us" time.  We weren't burdened by the emotions and physical exhaustion that can come with a day like yesterday. We truly trust God. We have given it all to Him. Even though it has been nearly 9 years of dealing with this crap (I mean, lets be real, this bites), over the past few months I think we have finally and truly surrendered it all to Him.  I thought we already had, but yesterday realized we really hadn't. The peace that we had yesterday made it all clear to me that we hadn't really turned it over to Him. We thought we had. (Maybe "we" isn't the right word....maybe I should be using "I" ;) )

Over the past few months or so our faith has grown, something is different.  I don't think I can necessarily put my finger on exactly what it is......it's just different but a real good different.  Maybe Mike was already in this place, but I can say I must not have been or yesterday wouldn't have been so beautiful to me.

My perspective on life is different.  When I get to those pearly white gates.....all I want to hear is...."Well done, my good and faithful servant."  This is what I desire now.  Nothing of this world that I will ever feel or accomplish. Only a blessing from God that will satisfy me now.  I'm learning true obedience.  Like I said, I thought I understood this before. Well, I was wrong. I wanted to be obedient and I wanted to understand it but I simply didn't. Maybe I have finally hit rock bottom, not in a bad way but in a way where I'm finally realizing ALL I need is Him.  Nothing else.  Where I really give it all to Him. Complete surrender.  Complete obedience. Has this come from years of hearing the Gospel?  I don't think so,  (not that it hasn't been a huge part of it) I believe that something has changed in my heart.  Maybe after years of putting a wall of "to protect myself" I've finally let God alllll the way in.

Do I still expect complete healing, ABSOLUTELY. Will I still love God if I don't get in "my time,"  ABSOLUTELY. My perspective has changed.  Yes, I'm choosing radical obedience.

I was reminded of some scripture that I had totally started letting go of ........"Just be still, let God fight for you." Exodus14:14  "Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10  How had I started to let go of these........For real. I am going to be still, God has this.

That's all......Much love to you all,
Jess

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Continuing to pray for you all, Jessie!

Much love,
Buffy

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your family!!

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your family!!

Unknown said...

When you talk about total obedience I think of the song we sang on Sunday at church..."Just breathe" . So many times I think I have given it to him but until I just breathe and give it to him and let him fill me I realize I hadn't. It is so tough what you are going through...I don't begin to know what you have gone thru but hope and pray that God gives you his healing grace!!!

Unknown said...

When you talk about total obedience I think of the song we sang on Sunday at church..."Just breathe" . So many times I think I have given it to him but until I just breathe and give it to him and let him fill me I realize I hadn't. It is so tough what you are going through...I don't begin to know what you have gone thru but hope and pray that God gives you his healing grace!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"Just be still, Let God fight for you." So so hard to do. "Just Breathe" is one of my favorite songs also. So happy you are finding peace and turning it over to God to fight for you because I have always truly believed he is fighting for you. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

Kim said...

This is awesome Jessie. I love you. We pray for you nightly.

Unknown said...

Prayers for you Jessie (as well as Mike & Luke). Keep the faith....

Unknown said...

You are an amazing person Jessie, praying for you & your family.
Love You!

Yang Kuo said...

"Just be still, Let God fight for you." So so hard to do. "Just Breathe" is one of my favorite songs also. So happy you are finding peace and turning it over to God to fight for you because I have always truly believed he is fighting for you.


ทางบ้าน

Thomas Dodge said...

Thanks for sharing it. I really enjoyed reading it. Very good. It is interesting as well as very attractive. I couldn't stop until I finished it. Thanks a lot. I have 8 Best Fake Name Generator Websites for Fake Identity.

Adam Lee said...

This post contains really useful information. Your information is very useful. Thank you. This information is very helpful. Thank you so much. For more information, read post Can You Play Roblox Without Internet? (Yes, When you make a game, you have an option to allow users to play offline.)

Rita R Stewart said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful information on your blog. I look forward to reading your posts. The WPM Test by TypingTest is my favorite word-per-minute test for a variety of reasons. It is simple to use, and I believe it provides a more accurate speed test than other sites. To find out more, please visit my website.