Monday, December 31, 2007

Jessie's New Update

Hey there! Well it's been quite a long December. I thought I had caught the stomach flu or something but after talking with my oncologist's assistant we've learned that chemo can take quite a toll on your intestinal tract. I've been feeling pretty bad now for over a week plus the week of chemo before this had to come along. I'm counting on January to be much better! My oncologist's assist. gave me the on-call number for the weekend but I'm not sure at what point a should call. I've surely had enough! Apparently they (at Cleveland) think they're going to have to change my chemo a little. They're thinking I'm on too strong of a dose. I'm concerned about them lowering it because I will do what I need to make sure this cancer is gone. One good thing about them lowering my dose is that maybe my treatments would be a little more bearable and not so painful. I thought the intense pain I experience in my abdomen during the end of my treatments was normal for chemo but apparently it's not. I guess that's why they're considering lowering my dose. I'd like to find an alternative to lowering my dose just to be sure we're kicking the possible cancer cells that may be left. Definitely feeling pretty frustrated at this point.

We were able to get out for short periods of time to go to our many Christmas gatherings. Luke had a great Christmas. He and Mike have been so great through these last few weeks and they've definitely been on their own. Mike's been doing quite the job being "Mr. Mom." I've been very blessed with the family I have.
I apologize to those of you who have called and I am yet to return the call. I just have not felt good at all lately. They way I've been feeling lately doesn't allow me to get very good sleep at night so often I'll take a nap later in the day or just whenever I can get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Don't be afraid to call, if I'm up to it I'll answer and if I'm not doing well at the moment just leave a message. You won't be bothering us. I've been using my email more than ever because it's a nice way for me to stay in touch even when I don't feel great. So send your email addresses my way!!

Hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas season!
Much love, Jessie.

4 comments:

Jill & Jessica Grant said...

Hi Jessie

I'm really sorry to hear that things aren't going so well right now. But you are working with some of the best doctors and I'm sure that they will do what it the absolute best for you and that it is going to work! Put your worry's on God right now and enjoy the end of a hard year and the beginning of a Great one ahead for you! Possitive thinking girl! :) I know that it's not always the easiest thing to do, but how about Jessica and I send you all of our possitive thoughts to help get you through?! Sound like a plan? And speaking of Jessica, she wanted me to tell you again how much she loves and misses you and can't wait to see you. :)

I wish there were magic words that I could say to make you feel better and not worry so much, but all I can do is let you know that I'm always here and that you have such a wonderful circle of friends to lean on, so take advantage of us. We will help hold you up if you get tired and never let you fall! That you can count on!

And please email me anytime or call me anytime ok? I hope you have a Wonderful New Year and that it holds all the wonderful things you deserve! Cancer free 2008 here you come!

Love,
Jill & Jessica

grantjill2@roadrunner.com

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Hi Jessie~

I apologize for not chatting with you at Robb & Linda's for Christmas. I wish we could get to know one another. At any rate, I've been following your blog. You and you're family are in my prayers.

You're modest and humble attitude are a great reminder to me. To be thankful for the little things we all take for granted. As you are living such a nightmare, you humbly listen to others complain about the smallest problems and show compassion and concern for them.

My prayers are with you. God bless you!

The other Jessi at Christmas!
(Linda's niece)

Robert McCabe said...

Hey Jessie, Just wanted to let you know that I have had you on my mind a lot lately. I am praying for your appointment this week. Take care!
Missy