Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cruise Control

Not too much new to report. I'm feeling very well. In fact I realized today that it seems like I'm riding along on cruise control. Things are going well. Chemo has become a part of life and I seem to be fairly used to it and know a bit more of what to expect. We're just counting down the rounds one at a time. One year of treatment will be complete by mid September. When I started they told me I would do it for at least a year but no longer than 18 months. So my prayers are begging to be done in September. In the meantime I've realized to appreciate the health I have right now and that most of my days are good. I'm living a fairly normal life and I can play with Luke just like before all this was a part of our life. So things are good for us.
There's a song that plays over and over in my head and it has seemed to help me find peace. I can't tell you who wrote it but it goes like this, "I'm not skilled to understand what God has willed, what God has planned............" It's helped me to let go of the "WHY." I don't get it. I don't know if I will ever understand but I've realized we don't have to get it we just have to trust in God. Letting go of why is hard, and I still fight it but I'm getting closer.

Take care,
Jessie

P.S. I was a Grey's Anatomy fan but currently it's rotten! Those of you who are watching will know why!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that song is by Aaron Shust and called "My Savior My God" That is my favorite song!! I am glad to see that things are looking up for you...you are an amazing person!

Tasha

Jill & Jessica Grant said...

Hi Jessie. Is this it???

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my savior

I take him at his word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
For him to be my savior
* * *

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is
My God he's always gonna be

Yes, living, dying; let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That he who lives to be my king
Once died to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, My God he is
My God he's always gonna be

"My Savior, My God"

* * *
Aaron Shust

After reading your blog I did a little research and thought I'd share with you the song, author and lyrics. And Wow! What powerful words these are. I can't say that I've heard the song, but am going to do a little more research into the song itself and others by him.

I'm glad that you have found some comfort in his words and in God Himself. He truely is amazing and has given you so much wisdom Jessie. I believe that you have been truely blest and will continue to be!

Keep "cruising on" and know that we are thinking and praying for you!

Mamma T & Family said...

Jessi,
My name is Tammi and I am the daughter of Nan Neill (you do her hair). I have been following your blog for some time now. I have wanted to comment you, but had not found the time to build a blog of my own. I want you to know that I pray for you, Mike and Luke all the time. I know my Uncle Goofy (Tim) walked with you and your family and friends to fight brain cancer. He is something else with his brand new knees huh! I will continue to pray and follow your health on your blog and through my mother and Aunt & Uncle.
God Bless You & Your Loved Ones,
Tammi

Kristen said...

I have listened to that song a lot myself. It's pretty cool how a song that puts our emotions into words but doesn't exactly give us answers, can still comforting. It's so great you are able to play with Luke. I will join you in begging God that you can be done with chemo in September.

Tyson Aschliman said...

Just wanted to let you know we're still praying for you. We still gotta get you girls together one of these days... Thanks for the encouragement you've been!