Friday, May 9, 2008

FRUSTRATION

Tonight will be the last night for round #8 that I will take chemo but the effect usually lasts through early next week. This treatment has been tolerable. I've had some stomach pain and nausea but has been better than some prior treatments. The most annoying part is the ridiculous fatigue. Chemo stinks.

Last night we received news that Leslie's cancer has spread now to her lungs. I don't know many of the details but apparently it's in the lining of her lungs. I have never met Leslie in person but she has become someone very special to me. She in one of the few people who could really relate to what I am going through and encourage me and I hope I've been able to do the same for her. Leslie has been very ill for a very long time now. I'm crushed by this news but I can only imagine how heartbreaking this is for her husband Tyson and little TJ. I'm asking for you to pray for miraculous healing and that she will be well and with her boys soon. To follow her journey and get updates you can go to www.forleslie.blogspot.com

That's all for today. I'm at a loss for words.
Love, Jessie

6 comments:

Blessings to you........ said...

You are such a kind spirit. It does not surprise me in the midst of what you yourself are going through ..you think of someone else.
Bless you, bless you, bless you
ginny

Tyson Aschliman said...

Jessie-

You have been an awesome support to Leslie. She loves you, although you've never met face-to-face. You are an inspiration to her, and an encouragement. She feels on many levels that you two are "in this together". We continue to pray for you and your family, as well. Thank you for your compassion in the midst of personal trial.

Tyson

Kristen said...

There's so much about God I do not understand. I just want so badly to fix all this to be different for you and for Leslie...and Cayman for that matter. Somewhere He must have a bigger plan. I pray fervently for you and for Leslie.

Sarah said...

Jessie,
You know, there are many things in life that we just take for granted, like our health for that matter. Then occurences like yours and Leslie's case comes along. Such unfortunate things happen to such great people. My prayers will be with You and Leslie both. Prayers for miracles!!! Now thats something I do believe in!!
Sarah

Todd said...

Jessie,

Sabrina and I continue to pray for you. You are such a special young woman to us! Yes, chemo sucks.....all we can say is take it, get through it, and move on with your life!!!

Todd

Tyson Aschliman said...

Oh, Jess, you are so thoughtful. I only hope I can be still thinking of others once my chemo treatments begin. Yes, you are just as much an inspiration to me and an encouragement!! I thank God for you.

Leslie