Friday, June 13, 2008

9 Down ?? to go.

I finished up round #9 of chemo this past Friday. It went okay. It was still chemo. I'm feeling well right now and finally back to "normal." I know it's been awhile since the last time I posted something and so much as been going on since then. For one we had my mom's surprise 50th Birthday party and that was great! The last time I wrote I was doing okay emotionally with this *&%#@. and then not so well. I think all the talk about Senator Kennedy and his brain tumor may have triggered it. Everyone was talking about the statistics and what not. All the "experts" were on T.V. giving their grim expectations for his survival and the survival of brain cancer. It also occurred to me that when they removed my tumor they said that they hope for it not to come back for 2 to 3 years and I realized it will be one year pretty soon. That definitely had me panicked. Let's just say I had a real setback for a few weeks or so. I was starting to believe I was going to die tomorrow. Well thank the Lord I have a much better outlook now. I'm feeling much more positive and more determined than ever that I WILL WIN THIS BATTLE.

This weekend is Relay For Life. I hope everyone who is able to will support this. Cancer sucks and we need more knowledge, more studies, more survivors! I've done a lot of research on cancer and survivor-ship since my diagnosis. I don't know if mine could have been prevented but I have learned that there is a lot we can do ourselves to lessen our chances. So I am strongly encouraging everyone to educate yourselves. Eat right, exercise, and read the word of God (all that about the eating and such is actually right there).

Last but surely not Least, a tribute to all the "Mike's" out there. Cancer surely is miserable for the one with the diagnosis but it's miserable for those who are there with you. Those of us with cancer get the sympathy and the prayers but sometimes forgotten is the one who is holding our hand the whole way! Mike is the one who carries all the weight on his shoulders. Holding up his job, a side job, a rowdy little boy, a sick wife, a home, and trying to be the strong one all the time. His burdens are not the same but just as big. I'm also blessed with a mom who would give me a new brain if she could and a family that would do anything to "fix" this. I also have found that I have great friends. I read once in some cancer book that your friendships will change throughout this and it was right. Some friendships have faded and others have been made so strong. Each and every person who stands by someone who is fighting cancer is truly fighting cancer too. So THANK YOU to ALL of you!!

So long for now. I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer. We sure are! By the way, I forgot to add Luke is still just as awesome as ever!!!!! CUTE TOO!!!!

Love,
Jessie

6 comments:

lhanna said...

Praying that you continue to feel more positive! No one can blame you for having the kind of feelings you've been having! You are an amazing woman. May you find comfort in knowing that God is always right there with you! Know that you have many people praying for you and thinking about you daily. May God Bless you and your family give you all the strength you need to get through this. you are an inspiration to so many and a great Christian witness. Your faith is amazing!

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

Hey Rosebrook Family!

Jessie, I am glad to hear your outlook is positive. Believe me, I know all too well how the fear of the unknown, and what the future may or may not hold, can take hold of your thoughts. Although it may not seem so at the time of these thoughts, you truly are blessed. Blessed with a loving husband and adorable son, and family & friends who support you through it all. Don't ever forget your Heavenly Father who holds you in His hand each and every day.

Blessings to you and your family. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Lova ya,

~Harmony

P.S. Ready to take the boys swimming?

joan meyer said...

Hi Jessie and Mike,
You are in our thoughts and prayers all the time. You are so lucky to have such an awsome support system like Mike and that old lady of a mother. ( hope her heart could take the surprise party).HaHa! You are doing so well because of your strong faith. Always remember that God is there for us to help us through the ups and downs.
Sending our love and prayers,
The Meyers

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, my Mom is still cancer free after being treated for Stage 4 ovarian cancer over 10 years ago, and melanoma 5 years ago...some people are just Hezekiahs too, given more time.

I just found your blog from Leslie's and am privileged to join with others praying for you as well as the Mikes and Tysons. Quite frankly, you all bless me too by your faith.

Chad said...

Hi Jessie.
Just wanted to say that, I guess, since I haven't seen you lately. :)
You're still in my prayers, each time I pray. Rock on.
Your friend,

Kristen said...

I'm a little late on my blog reading. I'm just now catching up.

Absolutely no one can blaim you for feeling down at times. I'm sure certain things will stir up more negative feelings. I love how you process it and get back on a moving-forward-attitude again. God will bless you and your family for that.

You're such a good person Jessie! I'm praying that you will have all this behind you someday. You will have beat it!! I know you can do it! I know God can do it!