Thursday, June 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

In just a few short hours it will be Thursday June 26th in which we will celebrate Luke's Birthday! We have big plans for the week. He has been celebrating all week. We are hoping the weather will cooperate so we can visit the zoo for the first time this year and then out for lunch at his favorite train restaurant. Our big Birthday celebration is supposed to take place on Saturday. Luke has invited several friends for a party at our house. We rented a big inflatable and plan on having the kids just play outside in the pool and the sprinklers, see the horses, etc. As of right now the weather isn't looking favorable. They're calling for rain! :( So Luke has been praying all day that God will not let it rain on his Birthday party day!

I can't find the words to describe the blessing that he is to our lives. Luke has always blessed us. He was a good baby from the start. He's never really given us a real tough time. Don't get me wrong he's still rotten at times. We know that through all we've experienced in the last year that God has given us our strength but Luke keeps are heads' up. He has such a humor about him. Several times throughout the day he has us just laughing uncontrollably. He's just an absolute riot! As I sit here and try to find the words to describe the pure joy he brings to our lives tears are just running down my face. I can be having an absolutely terrible day and when he walks in the room his smile just lights up my world!

I want to live for many reasons but Luke makes me fight this cancer 100x harder. No matter where this journey takes me I just pray that Luke will know how much I love him. I will always know that I have been blessed to have the two greatest men/boys I have ever known in my life.
Luke, I love you more than ten thousand worlds!!!!!

XOXO

MOM

2 comments:

Jill said...

Jessie,
I believe that God's greatest blessing is children. Reading your entry has also brought tears to my eyes and aching in my heart. So often we take for granted how much we have...and I know you are seeing daily what we all should appreciate more. Thank you for reminding me!
Tell Luke I am praying for SUNSHINE in more ways than one!!!!!
Always, Jill

Linds said...

For some reason the other day I thought about you and decided to check on how you were doing. I am glad that everything is going great with the counts. When I read this about Luke it made me think about a conversation I had with you about if I remember my dad. To this day I can see him sitting on the fence row watching me sometimes in dissapointment, but I always knew he was proud of me. I think no matter when how old or where you are... your parents are someone you can never forget!

You shouldn't worry about things like forgetting... It is weeks like this that Luke will remember forever. Even one day when you are old and grey (hehe) he will remember the little things like his "birthday week" and that is what makes you special in his heart always and forever. God Bless!


Love You aways,
Lindsy