Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ROUND # 10

Monday I started round # 10 of chemo. So far I'm feeling okay. I think I'm getting used to it and now I know that yes I won't feel up to par for a week or so but it will pass and life WILL go on. I have to go to the medical group every other week for my routine blood draw. I always get it done on the Monday that I'm supposed to start treatment. As you may remember my platelet count has been a problem in the past. My platelets have to be over 100,000 to be able to start treatment. Well they had been consistently dropping every month by 20 to 30,000 getting near the 100,000 mark. So I was kind of anticipating that this treatment might get pushed back a few days or maybe even a week. When my platelet count has been too low to start treatment in the past I asked the Doctor if there was anything I could do to bring my count up and she quickly responded with NO. You have no control over your counts. It is a side effect of chemo.
Well, to my very pleasant surprise and with no explanation this Monday when the nurse called me from Cleveland to let me know if I could take my chemo she said that all my counts (white cell and etc.) were all up considerably higher than they have typically been in the past months. To the best of my knowledge that doesn't just happen. That's not typical. That's prayer. Answered prayer. Healing. This may not seem like much to anyone else but to me this was a huge encouragement. It's hard for me to explain how hopeful and encouraged that I was by this! So treatment started on Monday as scheduled and I will be enjoying the fireworks as I take my last chemo meds for this round on Friday!

Luke's Birthday week was awesome. He's great. We had a party for him and his friends on Saturday and it was a blast. It couldn't of went better. We had a great week with him celebrating his Birthday almost all week. It was good for me mentally. I'm feeling very optimistic right now and trying to enjoy everyday.

Have a great July 4Th!

Jess

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, Jessie, this is amazing news!! I would get up and jump all around if I wasn't pumping right now :o). "Thank You God!!"

I rarely believe the medical field when they say there is nothing that can be done. That's where prayer and/or homeopathology show that to be different.

I join you in rejoicing over your news.

Oh, by the way, Cayman has a doctor appointment on July 15th which is when my hair appointment is. I'll try to call you soon to reschedule that for another day. Thanks Jessie.

Blessings to you........ said...

Singing praises! Well not where anyone would hear me....dogs would howl and your ears would ring!!

ginny

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

Hey Girlfriend!

Awesome news! Our God is truly an amazing and humbling God, is He not? It makes me feel truly amazed when we can visibly see His hand at work in our lives. Not only is God's hand at work in your life, He is wrapping His loving arms around you tight! My family is so happy for your great news.

Keep on keepin' on, sister. Whatever you are doing is WORKING!

Prayers and hugs from me to you...

~Harmony

Lisa said...

Hey Jess,

So glad to hear your latest news...I still am keeping an eye on you even if it's from california. I am so happy Luke and your family had such a wonderful birthday week....we both know how precious the moments are. You continue to take care of yourself and remember I have you in my thoughts and prayers....
Love, Lisa B.

Tyson Aschliman said...

Praise God for answered prayers! I love hearing "...this just doesn't happen", when we're talking about good medical news. God's still here, and He's still at work... which is why we APPRECIATE the doc's, but have FAITH in Jehovah Rophe!

Praying for you. Fighting right alongside you!

Jill & Jessica Grant said...

Hi Jessie! I just read your last two entries and how delighted I was to find that things are going so well. I know that you still have a battle on your hands but every little bit of good news helps. And I was about in tears reading about how much you love your little boy Luke and how he lights up your life. My little girl does the same. I've always told her that she just makes my heart smile! That's been my way of describing how she can change my mood in a hear beat! It's just so nice to hear that you have the same blessing in your life.

We will continue to keep you in our prayers and celebrate your good news with you through out all of this. God Bless you and your family Jessie! And praise God that he has blessed you so much!

Jill

PS...hi jesse i.m so happy that you are feeling beter but god blessed you very much i love you very much love jessica

All 8 of Us said...

Rejoicing with you, Jessie. So glad you were able to have a wonderful celebration week with your little guy! Continuing to think of you and pray for you!
Blessings,kathi (Marlene's daughter)

Jill said...

Always keeping you in our prayers. Please know if there is anything we can do we are only a phone call away.
Petersen/Meyer clan

Amers said...

So great to see you over the 4th at the campground. I thought it was truly amazing how Erika took right to you. She is a people person, but has never clicked like that with someone she has never met before. I thought it was so cool how you became her newest most favorite friend that weekend. She has no idea what is going on in your life right now... and yet she found something truly special inside of you that we all see. It is just amazing to watch the "little people" and to see how they act...and what really matters in life. She saw you for who you are and that should put a HUGE smile on your face!!


By the way....the pond that Mike and Luke made...well, Tristan decided to lay in it after you left just ss i thought he would. Thanks :)