Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Checking in.

I've been feeling pretty good lately. Right now I feel like I'm learning how to "live" with cancer and not let cancer get the best of me. I'm doing okay with it. It seems like since I was diagnosed cancer is everywhere I turn. I know that is partly because I am more aware of it. It is very frustrating to see it come into people's lives and disrupt their lives, dreams, everything. Leslie's run with cancer has just been horrible. It's simply unfair. I don't get it. Why does it have to be so complicated for them? Why can't they make her well?! I just want her to have this "normalcy" that I have. I do believe it will come but how much longer must they wait?!

We also have an Aunt in our family who was recently diagnosed. Tomorrow she will undergo surgery and I just pray for her to have peace about it. I pray for her entire family to have a peace about it. She's a great lady and I'm so proud to call her my Aunt!

This past weekend we spent at the lake of which my family has had ties to for many years. We were able to spend time there with our family and friends. We had such a great time. I love my family and I'm so proud of this family I come from.

Next Wednesday, July 23rd I go to Cleveland for my regular MRI. I will have an MRI in the mid morning then meet with my oncologist (Dr. Tekautz) in the early afternoon. So I pray and believe that my next post will be with great results from my appointment. This next visit Mike will be going with me and Lisa (my mother-in-law) will be going. Lisa has not yet been able to see the Cleveland Clinic and etc. When I had my surgery she stayed at our house and took care of Luke for us so she's anxious to see the place and meet some of my doctors.

I'll be in touch. In the meantime I hope you can all add my Aunt to your prayers and keep praying for Leslie and her family.

Love,
Jess

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I'll be praying for them Jess, and you as well. I'm so happy you feel a normalcy.

Oh, and by the way, Mike thinks you are smart for picking green. That's what he thinks. :o)

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Thanks for being you Jess!
Love you lots!
Oh yea... ditto on the family part too :)

Todd said...

Jesse, Mike, and Luke,

Sabrina and I continue to pray for all of you through your trials. We understand how hard these treatments are for all of you. I will pray specifically for good results with your next MRI. Also, please tell Dr. "T" we said Hi.

Todd

Tyson Aschliman said...

Seriously... We've gotta get you girls together!

Saying "thank you" for your support and encouragement just isn't enough, but it's all I can offer...

God bless you, and we are truly praying for you in your "journey". Thanks for the light you've been in ours.

Jill said...

I was glad to see an up-date on your blog. I check daily to see how you are doing, (OK, sometimes 2 or 3 times per day.) when I see you out and about I don't want to always be asking "how are you feeling". You look great as always and I pray that you continue to feel good. You are in our prayers daily and we will pray extra hard for good news this coming week.
As always if you need anything we are only a phone call away.
Jill and gang

joan meyer said...

Hi Jess and Family,

Thanks for your continued updates and for letting us ride along on your roller coaster. It is very hard to understand why things happen the way that they do. It's all part of God's bigger plan and it's our faith in him that carries us through.

We will include your Aunt in our prayers, and will be praying extra hard for your upcoming appointment and more good news.

Sending Love and Prayers your way,
Joan and Mike and Family

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

Hey Girl! Best of luck to you this week during your visit to Cleveland. I'm praying for nothing but good news. Your strength has given me strength. You are such an amazing person.

Love ya!