Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good Day!

I tend to be a bit superstitious so I'm going with the "Three's a Charm!" My January, April and now my July MRI have all been good. After a long day in Cleveland filled with anxiety and emotions we had very good results. My Doc. said my MRI looked improved in some areas and stable in all other areas! I'm not real sure how to put into words the relief this was/is! I understand why they want me to go for an MRI every 3 months but it's the anticipation of "will this be the time it's back?" that is hard. This was the most optimistic my Doctor has ever been about my situation so that was very encouraging. She was also very upfront about what kind of treatment we would approach next if or when needed. That's a little difficult to think about but like she said it's good to have a plan and it's nice for us to be informed of what may be ahead. Unfortunately brain tumors are pretty unpredictable but she kept reminding us of how pleased she was with my MRI. So for tonight and the next three months we're hanging on to all the good things she had to say to us today. Oh- she also said that as long as things continue to go well I should be able to quit treatment after round #14!!!! That's not too far away considering that I will start round #11 Monday. Hopefully things will continue to go as hoped for and I can be done with this soon!
More good news! My Aunt is also doing well! Thanks for your prayers!
As long as my platelets are up I will start treatment Monday. I had counted the weeks wrong in my apt. book so now I have a bit of rearranging to do with work for the next two weeks. It should work out fine.
Thanks for all of your prayers for today! I really can't say Thank You enough!
Love,
Jess
so for some reason this thing is not letting me separate my paragraphs! Computers!!!! :(

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh how good it is to hear a positive report. It just spurs me on to keep praying.

Love ya Jessie!

Oh and by the way, I like...no...LOVE my hair! Thanks for encouraging to be confident in taking a little more off this time. It's perfect!!

Blessings to you........ said...

Continuing to sing praises!

luv ya! ginny

Valerie said...

Hey Jessie,
I didn't realize you were still undergoing treatment. But this is such great news!! We will definately be praying for you and your family!!!
(oh, i found your blog site through Kristen's!!)
Valerie Rice

Jill said...

God is good! Keeping you in our prayers daily.
Petersen/Meyer bunch