Friday, July 20, 2012

Not too much to say......I know that 's not normal for me :)

Well, we're ok.  Just taking a day at a time.  Everyday is different and sometimes how we're doing changes with the minute, hour, or day.  It's been hard, harder the second time in ways.  Less of a shock maybe this time but hard knowing what's ahead of us.  I absolutely want nothing to do with surgery next week.  Nothing at all.  We leave Monday morning for Cleveland and will most likely be there a good part of the week.  Surgery is first thing Tuesday. Fortunately Luke will be able to stay with family in the comforts of his own home! We are so so very thankful for family and friends.  I don't know how we would do this without their support.

Sweet Luke......I want to protect that precious little boy so badly.  My heart just breaks seeing that this definitely has affected him.  It was so much easier when he was too little to know what was going on. He's doing good really, probably better than I think.  I just see how he responds to some things and some of his questions and I see that he is a little scared too.  He had his tonsils out on the first day of summer vacation this year and I think that was a blessing in disguise.  He now has some understanding of what surgery is and that you don't feel well for a few weeks.  I think that will really help him understand this process.  Yes, this is a bit more complex but hopefully not so in his mind.  We've talked with him quite a bit about this all but not too in depth.  I hope that everyone is careful with what they share with their children for Luke's sake.  I just want so desperately to protect him.  Praying that this will only make him stronger and a more compassionate man someday.  Man????  ewww......BOY...let's keep him a boy for awhile.

Mike......he's ok too.  He wants to "fix" it and he can't so therefor he's maybe not really ok.  I hate cancer.  I really don't like the word "hate" except when it comes to cancer.  I hate it like HATE it.

I've been on a mission to tie up lose ends these last few weeks and this weekend.  I guess it's kind of like nesting.  Top things I had to do before surgery:  Clean house, clean my car, and pay bills.  The three things that absolutely make me crazy if there not done.  My house is not spick and span but I like a "picked up house" and I cannot stand it when my car is dirty!  I like a clean car.  Clean house and clean car just give me a sense of having it "together!"  I don't like to have bills laying around either.  I have to leave them on the counter so I don't forget about them but I don't like clutter on my counter so it makes me pay bills. :)  I have those 3 things pretty well done.  The laundry........well it's still in the dryer.  It can stay there awhile :)

So I'm checking out for awhile.  Mike says he is going to update the blog while I'm off  so that could be interesting!  If he can't, someone else will.  


I think I'll leave the "news" for another time.   I'm excited to share it with you but I'm out of words for tonight and I would really like to share my heart with you about it so it's going to have to wait!


Thank you very much for your prayers and love.  


Love,
Jess


8 comments:

Jessie said...

I have no idea why that last part is hi lighted.....not a stinking clue!

Rachel said...

Jess, I said it in an email I sent you and I want to say it here. I'm praying for you and your family. This post make me want to cry. I feel a heaviness for you and your dear little boy. Yes, if only we could protect our little ones from all the 'evil' things....

Blessings, Rachel

Jill said...

Praying hard for you Jessie, Mike and Luke. Praying hard!!

Sarah Tiplady said...

Praying for you Jessie. Praying God's hand guides the surgeons and that His arms wrap and comfort you.

Peggy said...

Praying and believing that God will guide the surgeon's hands (no that God's hands are the surgeon's hands)and that He will wipe the cancer out of there. Praying for peace also, for all of you and your family. Rest in His arms precious Jessie, He is the great physician.
Hugs Peggy

Blessings to you........ said...

Oh Jessie - you are loved by so many people. Prayer warriors are at work. We have been praying for God's guidance for the surgeon and medical team, peace for all of you, comfort, and strength.

ginny

I can update whenever

Jodi said...

so many prayers going out to you and your family. Stay strong.....you can do it!

Unknown said...

Jessie you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God heal you quickly