Monday, October 13, 2008

Check Up Time

So a big THANK YOU to "Ginny" for the pictures she added today to the blog!!! She's the best!!! What a surprise it was to open it up today and see those.

We had a big weekend. We were having some water problems in our basement since we've moved in and so this weekend they dug up all around our basement. It was a mess. It's all filled back in now but now we have no front porch, no grass by the house, and no landscape! It's not pretty. So for any guests, you're going to have to come through the garage. Sounds like it's going to be a few weeks before they put the new porch on and I guess we're not supposed to do any landscaping till next spring so that the ground can settle. I hope it snows A LOT this year because our yard is going to be ugly till next spring!

We had huge piles of dirt all around our house while this was going on this weekend. It was a boys dream! Luke was loving it. We got his winter sled out of the barn and he, my mom, and myself were sledding down the DIRT hills! He was SO dirty. I had to grit my teeth at first but after the first layer of dirt was on I knew there was no turning back! He had an absolute blast. He was pretty cute too all covered in dirt!

My main reason for writing this post was to ask for your prayers. I have my usual 3 month check up this Wednesday the 15th. Just Mike and I are going this time. I'm not upset about it at this point. I am learning a lot and trying hard not to worry, to trust, to accept, to be still, to live, to love deeper, to cherish, and to have fun and laugh. I'm sure that from the time I go into that MRI machine until my Doctor delivers the good news I will have some anxiety. At this point I'm okay. I do appreciate your prayers though! They have been answered in the past! I will update as soon as I can. I'm usually pretty wore out Wednesday when we get home, but I try to make sure I post as I know you all will be anxious to hear. I pray that God continues to show my Dr.'s his miraculous healing!!!!

Have a great week.

Love,
Mike, Jess, and Luke

6 comments:

Blessings to you........ said...

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Love ya Jess - I will continue to pray.

ginny

Unknown said...

Don't worry - you've got my prayers! Can't wait to hear the GOOD news.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

(Oops, I didn't realize I was signed in as Shawn - but you've got BOTH of our prayers!)

Hugs from Shawn & Harmony

Unknown said...

Letting you know there is not a day that goes by that you are not In our prayers. Natalee every night prays for you. She is sooo diligent for those in her prayers, probably better than most adults and again she is only 4. "Faith like a child". I Pray for peace and comfort for you and your whole family.

Jill said...

Praying hard! x9

Zac and Amy said...

Thinking of you right now...I don't know exactly how you are feeling, but when my dad was sick I know waiting for the test results was just awful. I pray for peace for you until then, and after you get those good results, I will be praising the Lord with you!

Amy Robison (one of Paula's clients)