Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hey.

So I'm done with all my chemo treatments! I'm so thankful. My last one was awful so it really made me appreciate the thought that I won't be doing that again next month. Right now I'm trying to "wake up" and truly grasp the fact that I will not being doing chemo again in the next few months as I'm so used to. It's kind of like on your wedding day (at least for me) when you're trying to make yourself realize that "this is it, it's really here, it's my wedding day!" I feel like it hasn't sunk in yet!

This blog was started to keep everyone up to date on all that was going on with me. Then it was handed over to me and I tried to keep everyone updated too. Now that my "cancer story" seems to be done I'm going to keep the blog just as a type of journal. My hope is that one day it could be printed off for something for Luke to read and have some sort of an idea of what things were like. So since it will be a sort of journal of my life it will probably be boring and you may just want to tune out! :)

I did talk to my Dr. in Cleveland and good news! I don't have to get my blood drawn every other week anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate needles!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I get to drop one of my prescriptions.

Mike and I are going to be going on a little trip. A sort of done with chemo get away. Nothing big just a little escape. I will update more later when we return.

Luke had his preschool Halloween party today and I was able to go and watch. It was so cute. They are just so fun right now! Tonight he will do a little trick 0 treating then tomorrow evening our church has a Halloween Outreach in the park with inflatables and of course CANDY! He is very excited! Luke has a little collection of costumes. It's no surprise to seem him sitting in the living room playing wearing a spider man costume, dinosaur costume, batman mask, or a transformer. So for his school party today he was Bumblebee (transformer), tonight for trick o treat he's going to be Optimus Prime (another transformer), and then for our church gathering he's going to be spider man. Oh-my! I thought he would be one thing but he wanted to do it this way. So, oh-well. He's having fun!

Happy Halloween.

Have a great weekend!

Jess

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations Jessie on being finished with cemo!! I'm so glad that you and your hubby are going on a little get-away!!

I'm also glad you will be keeping up your blog. I enjoy reading it. My hair doesn't grow fast enough for me to come in and get caught up regularly :o).

You just gotta learn how to post pictures :o).

Jill said...

Jessie,
YOU ARE DONE WITH TREATMENTS!!!!! Done with that! Now it's time to fill that time in with better things!! Was glad to see you smiling on Wednesday... but, then you always are. (Maybe your laughing at my hair! Oh well...whatever brings a smile!) Seriously, I am so happy for you and will continue to pray for you and your family. Nothing but blue skies!!!!
Jill