Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Biopsy Completed

After a few delays, Jessie has come through her biopsy fine. Dr Barnett was successful in this procedure with steady hands. Praise the Lord! Now, unfortunately the waiting game begins. Jessie will not get her results from the biopsy for at least 10 days; possibly 3 weeks. They have postponed her September 20th surgery until her results come back. If everything continues to go well, they will be able to come home on Thursday as planned.

Luke spent the day with Jamie Woolace today. She said they had a great day, going to the library and grocery store-then taking a three hour nap. Mike's mom Lisa is staying with Luke so life can be as "normal" as possible. Pray for the family- even extended family. This has been an emotional time and I'm sure they are all grateful for your prayers.

Mike said "Jessie was a trooper today". So many of you have called her an inspiration. She truly has inspired us, hasn't she?

6 comments:

Jen Hurst said...

Jessie,

I'm so happy to hear that your biopsy went well. You've been in our thoughts and prayers everyday. I know your faith in God will get you through this. Please give Luke a hug from Tyler and Jack. Soak up all this pampering. You deserve it!

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

Woo-hoo! Look at what all this praying has acomplished! I am so happy to hear everything went well. Shawn, Jack and I will continue to pray... Thanks be to God for His blessings on Jessie.

Chris said...

Jessie
I hope you are doing well. I think about you daily. You and your family are in our prayers. I miss your handy work. Hope your back soon!

Chris

Rachel said...

Jessie

We are so happy that surgery went well. It was hard to think about anything but you and your family on Tuesday. We can not wait to see you. We hope you are feeling well and have a safe trip back to Archbold. You and your family will remain in our thoughts and prayers. Call me if you would like me to make a house call for a massage :). Take care and see you soon!!! The Plassmans

The Foor Family said...

Hi Jessie,
We are so happy to hear that the biopsy went well. Our family has been praying for you and will continue to do so. God is an Awesome God and he can do miraculous things. My favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11, "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I also live by "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13. God is with you at all times and know that we love you and so does He.

Joy said...

Jesse-
I am so glad to hear your surgery went well.I know it is difficult to understand why you are going through this right now, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Even though I was battling cancer only 2 years ago, I can think of nothing but positive things that came from that experience. Stay strong, pray lots, and believe that God will help you and your family through this.If you would still like Rex,Jenny and I to stop in for a visit when you get home, please do not hesitate to call me. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.I have had so many people from the ER and church ask about you. You have touched more hearts than you know.God Bless you and your family.
Joy